Frequently Asked Questions
Answers to Most Asked Questions
1. No Audition is required to enroll with Stagedoor Manor Studios.
2. Class size is capped at 35 to insure individual participation.
3. Ages for enrollment are 12-18. You should be the required age during the workshops.
4. All three Studios will be located at Shetler Studios 244 W 54th St, New York, NY 10019.
5. Housing and transportation are not provided. We use, and suggest, the Hotel Edison.
6. Food. Pizza is provided Friday night, with accommodation to dietary needs. Students should bring snacks, water bottles, and will be able to grab lunch outside the Studio chaperoned by a staff member Saturday and Sunday.
7. What Should I bring? For Audition Technique: 3 1-minute monologues, 3 16-bar music cuts. Strive for variety in style and content. 24 Hour Playfest: Notebook, pens/pencils.
8. Audition Technique requires participation in all three workshops; singing/acting/dance. Comfortable shoes and clothes should be worn by all.
9. At the end of Audition Technique, there will be a workshop presentation for those attending but not for parents. At the end of 24 Hour Playfest there will be a performance for parents.
10. Students of all ages are required to submit the contact phone number for a responsible adult who can be reached during the workshops in case of Emergency. We request this information at time of enrollment.
11. Parents will be provided with a number they may use to reach us during the classes, but students will be asked to turn off phones during activity.